CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Fever & Spring Cleaning!

So in the Midwest we've finally started to thaw out & see the light at the end of the tunnel- Spring is coming! A few mornings ago I just sat in my living room listening to the birds- what a welcome sound! Along with spring and the desire to get outside is the feeling of renewal. Somehow part of that always seems to be a big Spring cleaning. Now I'll be honest- I'm not big on cleaning but once I get going I do enjoy it if for nothing else the end result. One thing that has helped make cleaner easier is my switch to earth friendly people friendly cleaners. My daughter loves to clean and now she can without me worrying that the cleaners might harm her. Its a win win situation! She loves doing it & I get a hand! A few Christmases ago my sister gave me the book Clean House Clean Planet by Karen Logan. I love this book! Its Karen sharing her recipes for housecleaning and different solutions for cleaning in a healthy way. The recipes are very easy & work well. (A side note I did find it a bit irritating that Karen pushed the sales of her own bottles but I guess everyone has to make a living!) If you take a peek at Amazon they have used copies staring at $3.23- its definitely worth checking out!

If you don't have the time or inclination to read an entire book doing a simple google search of natural cleaning recipes will yield big results. Here are just a few to check out.

Earth Easy Nontoxic Home Cleaning HERE

Care2 How to Make a Non-Toxic Cleaning Kit HERE
It includes a creamy scrub cleaner and its written by Annie B. Bond who is someone well worth taking the time to read. Her website is HERE

Water & Sewerage Dept. of Detroit Guide to Non-Toxic Cleaners Recipes for a Clean Home and a Cleaner Environment. This is a 22 page booklet in PDF format. You can find it HERE

I hope this gives you a good jumping off point for natural Spring cleaning!

No comments: