CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

The first step

Somethings its the first step, sometimes its making little changes a habit that stick, sometimes its just declaring you're doing it. I think this applies to anything that you're trying to change in your life. This weekend I had one of those moments of am I going to take the easy way or am I going to do the right thing (the right thing in a going green perspective). It was over a little thing too- it was a quicky reheated pizza dinner and I went to grab paper plates. The thought that paper plates weren't the way to go green entered my mind and there was my hand going back and forth between the 2 different cabinets trying to decide which I was going go with. Easy paper plates or real dishes. I'm glad to say that I finally went with the real dishes. This isn't a huge step forward in going green but it is the subject of my post today because I think anyone who is trying to go green has moments like this. It got me to thinking and the one thing I hear over and over when reading or listening about going green is:
a) one person can make a difference
b) the little things are the things that will make a difference in the long run

So enter some more thinking on my part (man insomnia is a BAD thing sometimes!) and I know I'm not the only person who has the desire to live a greener life. I also know that I'm not the only person who sometimes does better with a bit of motivation or a sense of competition. This got me to thinking about a challenge for Sarah Simplifies readers. I will mention 1 or 2 little changes you can work on making that week. Then its a matter of seeing how well you do making this changes- for a week and then making them a matter of habit. This would of course be a matter of the honor system but I'm sure there is something we can come up with for our best "greenie" of the week, month, etc.

So what do you think? Feel like taking on a challenge?

Photobucket

No comments: